Asset Management at Kushner Companies
Kushner Companies owns billions of dollars worth of commercial buildings and residential apartment complexes. In 2002 I managed a portfolio of commercial office buildings, totaling over 1 million sf, in northern NJ as part of the company’s commercial management team.
My responsibilities included:
- Managing the rent rolls to assure that all rent payments were made in a timely fashion by tenants. In the event that there were problems I would follow up with tenant.
- Lease Renewal
- Analyzing financial statements for each property to assure that expenses were in line with projections and to find areas for cost savings.
- Manage construction related to tenant improvements
- Negotiate contracts with vendors providing various services for properties and manage ongoing relationship with vendors to assure proper service.
- Hiring, firing and supervision of maintenance staffs.
I gave regular presentations to senior management who were exacting in their management requirements. I exceeded their expectations.
As a side project I developed a marketing website and database for the entire commercial portfolio.
In addition to my management responsibilities, I searched for potential property acquisitions for the company in NYC. I identified the properties, analyzed them and then presented them directly to Charles Kushner and other top company officers.
- Asset management
- Financial analysis
- Negotiating contracts
- Hiring and firing staff
- Project management